1. The most basic question is not what is best, but who shall decide what is best.
2. It is hard to imagine a more stupid or more dangerous way of making decisions than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who will pay no price for being wrong.
3. People who have time on their hands will inevitably waste the time of people who have work to do.
4. It takes considerable knowledge just to realize the extent of your own ignorance.
5. Each generation born is, in effect, an invasion of little barbarians who must be civilized before it is too late.